শুক্রবার, ২৯ মার্চ, ২০১৩

Martha Stewart's Chocolate Crackle Cookies - Tv Food and Drink

A 22 year old man died trying to swing by a rope from Utah?s 110 foot tall Corona Arch. The Corona Arch is a natural landmark made of sandstone and shaped like, you guessed it, a giant arch. People climb up to the top, secure a rope to it and then jump off with the other end tied around their waist. The idea is when the rope reaches the end of its slack, the person attached at the bottom will swing wildly back and forth beneath the arch, suspended in mid-air like a human pendulum. But the guy who died miscalculated the amount of slack he needed on his rope. So when he jumped off the Arch, he just plowed straight into the ground. And that?s that.

When I read that story, I realized something wonderful. I realized that nothing like that could ever happen to me because I am a complete wimp.

I don?t mean to say that I?m a coward. I have courage. I just know where I don?t care to apply it.

The reason I would never jump off the Corona Arch is not because I?m afraid. It?s because I know me! I?d be that one hapless ninny up there who miscounts the number of feet in his rope, jumps off the top thinking, ?Look at me! I?m really out of my comfort zone!? then slaps straight into the ground, ending my life at the center of a giant dust cloud just like Wile E. Coyote.

Don?t feel sorry for me. It?s wonderful when you finally accept being a wimp as part of your natural human make-up. I no longer have to pretend I?m okay with things that make me afraid. Like the iron. I hate the iron. Do you know how hot those things can get? You might as well keep a fuel rod from Fukushima under your sink. Most people don?t worry about using the iron. But again, I know me! Enough time around one of those things and I?m sure I?ll find a way to accidentally burn off my appendix.

I?m a wimp and I?m ok! I no longer have anxiety over it. Meditation and has freed me from it. Meditation and the little blue pill I have to take every morning. So what if I run from danger? Lots of people do that. Don?t ask me who right now because I can only think of C-3PO, and he?s not actually a person.

But they?re out there! Lots of them, all waiting a full three hours after eating before they get in a pool, and hiding in the basement when the stove needs to be re-lit. So what if I?ll never jump off The Corona Arch with a rope tied around my waist? I do other things well. I?ll keep to them. And I?ll also keep wearing shoes whenever I?m on shag carpet, just in case there?s a scorpion. I know me! It?s just a matter of time before one shows up. I plan on being prepared. And that?s that.

Martha Stewart?s Chocolate Crackle Cookies
From MarthaStewart.com

  • 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup Dutch cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/3 cups light-brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 cup confectioners? sugar, plus more for rolling

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Chop bittersweet chocolate into small bits, and melt over medium heat in a heat-proof bowl or the top of a double boiler set over a pan of simmering water. Set aside to cool.

Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.

In the bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and light-brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until well combined. Add melted chocolate. With mixer on low speed, alternate adding dry ingredients and milk until just combined.

Divide the dough into quarters, wrap with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours.

On a clean countertop, roll each portion of dough into a log approximately 16 inches long and 1 inch in diameter, using confectioners? sugar to prevent sticking. Wrap logs in plastic wrap, and transfer to a baking sheet. Chill for 30 minutes. Cut each log into 1-inch pieces, and toss in confectioners? sugar, a few at a time. Using your hands, roll the pieces into a ball shape. If any of the cocoa-colored dough is visible, roll dough in confectioners? sugar again to coat completely.

Place the cookies 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake until cookies have flattened and the sugar splits, 12 to15 minutes.

Transfer from oven to a wire rack to let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Source: http://tvfoodanddrink.com/2013/03/martha-stewartchocolate-crackle-cookies/

PlayStation Network chip kelly NRA Golden Globes 2013 Anna Kendrick Sandy Hook conspiracy Stuart Scott

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন